When: From June, 29th to July, 1st 2017
Where: Mazagan Beach and Golf resort, Al Jadida, Morocco
L’Ordre National des Architectes du ROYAUME du MAROC hosts:
- The A.U.A 56th Council meeting
- Urban Thinkers Campus: SUSTAINABLE URBAN MANAGEMENT: EMPOWERMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNANCE AND CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
In conjunction with the 56th Council meeting of the Africa Union of Architects, in Morocco, the National Council of the Order of Architects welcomes the Urban Thinkers Campus (UTC) “Sustainable urban management: Empowerment of local governance and citizen participation”; which will be held from 29th of June to 1st of July 2017 in El Jadida. On this occasion, the National Council of the Order of Architects, in partnership with the Ministry of Town and Country Planning, Urban Planning, Housing and Urban Policy, organized a meeting under the theme “Territorial planning facing the challenge of regionalization: a new balance between territorial spaces, new rurality”.
This event, a joint initiative of the institutions representing the building practice, is a continuation of the theme of the international conference “Habitat III” held in Quito in October 2016.
The spirit of the campus process is to implement the New Urban Agenda approved in Quito. Members are committed to implementing the plan and being part of the process and bringing new ideas.
Day 1: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Reception of the participants: establishment of a team of welcome with transfer from the airport to the hotel by shuttles (coach, personal cars);
- 4:30 pm Departure for CASABLANCA.
- 5:30 pm Reception at the Wilaya of Grand Casablanca.
- 6:30 pm visit HASSAN II Mosque, the marina, the “habous” quarter.
- 8:30 pm Reception at the ‘mechouar’.
- 10:30 pm return to the hotel.
DAY 2: Thursday, June 29, 2017
Activities Urban Thinkers Campus (UTC) (Open to all participants)
Inauguration of the meeting, in the presence of different official figures, and large media coverage
- 7:00-9:00 am Breakfast.
- 9:30 am Opening of the UTC in the presence of officials, different participants and members of the AUA.
- 11.00 am Coffee Break / Departure of Officials.
- 12:00 pm conferences.
- 3:00 pm Lunch (light lunch).
- 4:00 pm Determination of fundamental issues.
- 7.30 pm closing the first day of work.
- 9:00 pm Dîner.
Day 3 : Friday, June 30, 2017
Activities Urban Thinkers Campus (UTC)(Open to all participants)
- 7:00-9:00 am Breakfast
- 9:30 am Council meeting / UTC Round tables and definition of recommendations.
- 11.00 Coffee Break.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm Discussion, adoption of recommendations and drafting of El Jadida Declaration.
- 4:30 pm cocktail by the Beach.
- 8:00 pm Closing Ceremony: • Speech. • Reading of the declaration of El Jadida. • Award ceremony for students architects. • Swearing of architects. • Gala dinner.
AUA council meeting (for AUA council members only)
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm Opening of the 56th council meeting
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm Lunch
- 2.30pm to 7.00pm 56th Council meeting
- 8:00 pm Closing Ceremony
Day 4: Saturday, July 01, 2017
Departure of UTC participants
AUA council meeting (for AUA council members only)
- 7:00am to 9:00am Breakfast
- 9: 30am-1:00pm AUA Council Meeting
- 1:00 pm Lunch
- 2:00pm-4:00pm AUA Council Meeting
- Check out for the AUA Members (transfer to the airport)
Day 5: Sunday, July 02, 2017
Check-out / departure of AUA members
(Transfer to the airport)
These expenses represent a contribution in relation to the participation in the event as well as the logistics necessary for the holding of this international meeting, namely:
- Participation in the various events of the meeting.
- Different supports.
- Instant translation.
A dinner’s show « mille et une nuits » to book at check in.
- Offer 1: Hotel Mazagan beach golf resort, on the site of the meeting, package for all 3 nights all inclusive. $ 595.00
- Offer 2: 5 stars hotel close to the site, package for 3 nights in B & B formula. $ 375.00
- Offer 3: 3 stars hotel in El Jadida (about 10Km), transfer included. $ 180.00
- Offer 4: 3 stars hotel in El Jadida (about 14Km), transfer included. $ 120.00
The National Order of Architects of Maroc is endowed with legal personality. Its mission is to safeguard the principles and traditions of morality, dignity and probity which honor the profession of architect and to ensure that its members respect the laws, regulations and practices governing the “Exercise of the profession¨.
The Africa Union of Architects was inaugurated in Nigeria on May 23 1981 by his Excellency Alhaji Shehu Shagari, former President of Nigeria , to unite architects from all over the continent regardless of nationality, race, religion or doctrine, and to federate their national organizations.
Initially the AUA was made up of delegations from 23 countries. Today, it regroups the key professional organizations in 27 countries, thereby representing nearly 35000 architects.
In parallel with the development of major intergovernmental institutions with which it maintains close relations, the AUA has become an accomplished non governmental organization and an incomparable professional network of architects.
The AUA was granted observer status vide resolution CM/RES 1116, adopted by the OAU Council of Ministers meeting in its 46th ordinary session in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 20th-25th July 1987.
L. Imane BOUCHENTOUF (+212) 220.127.116.11.72.
Abderrahmane CHEBITOU (+212) 18.104.22.168.20.
Conseil National de l’Ordre des Architectes
C5. Résidence Moulay Ismaïl – Square Washington – Rabat
Tél :(+212) 0537 262982 – 0537 702272 – / FAX : (+ 212) 0537 262983.
e-mail: : email@example.com
Site web: www.ordredesarchitectes.ma