When: 22-23 Feb 2017
Where: Conference Sandton, Johannesburg
CONFERENCE: Africa Summit and Dinner 2017
Building on the successes of the Africa Summits in 2015 and 2016, this year’s event continues to be a collaboration of property institutions and associations across Africa, working together to accelerate the professionalism of land, construction and property sectors throughout the continent.
The Summit is designed for Presidents, Chairmen and CEOs, providing a forum where common goals and a shared vision can be created through consensus and discussion.
The Summit at a glance
Wednesday 22 February 2017: Optional activities are available during the day including workshops and technical tours followed by RICS’ Africa Summit Dinner.
Thursday 23 February 2017: The Summit will commence with networking intervals taking place throughout the day.
08:00 Registration & networking
09:00 Chair’s welcome, Gugu Cele, Anchor, CNBC
09:10 Welcome remarks
09:25 Opening keynote session: Macro political keynote
- Africa is in a slump, but that is not the whole story. While some areas have been hit by decline other regions continue to enjoy growth. The African workforce is expected to exceed that of India and China in the next 20 years. How will governments and industry drive growth in the region?
10:00 Panel One – Land availability for urbanisation
- Land availability – how do principalities manage the resource?
- Land availability for rapid urbanisation to stimulate investment in infrastructure in the Ghana context
- How do municipalities manage their land resource, and infrastructure most efficiently – the issue of planning and capacity?
- Public and private sector land availability
- Planning capacity when change of use of land from farm to urban built environment
- Examples from Mozambique
11:15 Networking refreshments
11:45 Panel Two – Rapid urbanisation
- Africa is urbanizing faster than any other region, the pressure points will come from the need for cities to expand rapidly and provide infrastructure, education and new markets resulting in rapid growth in consumption by households and businesses. We drill down into the detail in this session:
- Real investors for housing in Ghana, Kenya and SA
- Kenya 2030 vision
- Offices sector
- Mixed use and residential
14:15 Panel Three – Infrastructure
- Spending on Africa’s infrastructure has doubled. There is a need to improve infrastructure, including transportation links and telecoms
- What are various models to manage infrastructure?
- Whole life cycle costing
- Applicability of technology
- Fit for purpose
- Surveying and mapping
- How can we stimulate local development of technologies
15:30 Networking refreshments
16:00 Panel Four – Occupier focus
- Delivery of good quality offices in an environment of rapid urbanisation is a challenge. Brain drain of talent continues to be an issue in the African continent. How do cities attract talent? Will this come from the creation of:
- Better office environments
- Sustainable management of built and natural environments
17:15 Closing keynote
17:30 RICS Summary and close
Register here your interst
EARLY BIRD: ZAR 2,200 if you book before 20 January, 2017 / ZAR 2,640.00 for RICS members after 20 January, 2017 / ZAR 2,640.00 for non-members after 20 January, 2017
We regulate and promote the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protect clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics; and provide impartial advice and guidance.
With offices covering the major political and financial centres of the world, our market presence means we are ideally placed to influence policy and embed standards at a national level. We also work at a cross-governmental level, delivering a single, international standard that will support a safe and vibrant marketplace in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure, for the benefit of all.
We’re proud of our reputation and we guard it fiercely, so clients who work with our registered professionals can have confidence in the quality and ethics of the services they receive.
For further intformation
For further information, visit the event´s website.