The SACN is seeking a creative mobile exhibition design to display its large volume of work. As an initial step, the SACN is looking to develop an exhibition to be used at conferences and events to:
- Educate visitors – the exhibition should craft an experience of the urban landscape as well as the challenges facing residents and local government;
- Promote SACN’s Work – the exhibition should achieve the above by utilising the SACN’s research/ publications in urban development that have been produced over the past 15 years; and
- Inform – to showcase progress made in the metropolitan municipalities since the inception of local government.
The purpose of the competition is not only to find a winning proposal for a mobile exhibition, with regards to the above mentioned, but also to encourage youth in the fields of urban development, architecture and social sciences to engage with material that is linked to cities and their lived experiences of the city.
- Competition start: 19 June 2017
- Competition end: 10 July 2017
- Winner announcements: 24 July 2017
- Winner: R5 000
- Runner up: R2 500
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please ensure you read the Competition T&Cs if you are entering this competiton.
The South African Cities Network (SACN) is an established network of South African cities and partners that encourages the exchange of information, experience and best practices on urban development and city management.
As both a research source and a catalyst for debate, the SACN covers the full scope of the urban management process, under the following thematic areas: