Khami is a ruined city located 22 kilometres west of Bulawayo, in Zimbabwe. It was once the capital of the Kingdom of Butua of the Torwa dynasty, developed between 1450 and 1650, nd abandoned in the 19th century, with the arrival of Ndebele. It is now a national monument, and became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986.
Khami is dominated by a series of terraced stone ruins, often highly decorated. The walled structures generally follow the same aspects of Great Zimbabwe, but has its own features and expressions in the patterns and elaborate decorations.