Submission Deadline: 15th October, 2017
Deliberation period for the professional panel of judges: 2-20th November, 2017
Public voting period starts on the ISARCH website: 2-20th November, 2017
Announcement on the ISARCH website of th Winners: Monday 5th december, 2017
The IS ARCH Awards are international awards targeting students of architecture. Our aim is to provide a platform for debate surrounding the architecture solutions that students contribute within the framework of their university studies. The competition aims to boost avant-garde trends and to recognize new research that emerges from universities. It also provides students’ work with an opportunity for international projection that extends beyond the traditional relationship between students and their lecturers. The IS ARCH Awards require an insight and collaboration between the various teaching and learning methodologies for architecture adopted by participating universities. This cooperation creates a favourable environment for open reflection and comment, which is crucial in order to move forward and progress in architectural knowledge and knowhow. A further objective of the IS ARCH Awards is to encourage young people to join the debate on architecture, contributing with their unique vision and opinions.
The philosophy behind the IS ARCH Awards is to support the creativity of young and emerging talent and to boost debate between the various students that take part in this initiative.
WHY TAKE PART?
- ISARCH is conceived as a platform for the promotion and recognition of university projects on an international scale.
- The three winning projects will receive prizes worth a total of €7,000.
- By promoting this platform, the ISARCH Awards intend to provide students with a gateway to the professional and corporate world.
- As part of its interest in promoting the winning projects, ISARCH is in contact with various specialised journals and websites in order to secure their publication. All selected works will be published on ISARCH’s various platforms and on its website.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO TAKE PART?
The competition is opened to all students of architecture and young architects that have graduated within the last 3 years prior to the date of sending in the necessary documents. Each participant or team participants may submit as many projects as they wish, regardless of their nature, programme and budget. The panel of judges will take all entries into consideration.
The proposals may be entered by individual students or groups of students.
WHAT CAN BE ENTERED AND HOW?
The documents should consist of academic projects carried out at university and mounted horizontally on a single DIN A1 panel. The name of the project must be stated correctly in the bottom right-hand corner of the panel. All proposals must be anonymous and the text which appears on it in English. The authors may also include all information they consider necessary in order to fully understand the project: planes, sections, perspectives, photos of the model, sketches and specifications, etc.
Entries must be in JPG format with a resolution of 300 dpi and the maximum file size is 20MB.
Entries must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org In order to take part in these Awards, participants must also register on the ISARCH website, as explained below, and pay the corresponding registration fee. When it is done, the scanned copy of proof of payment of the registration fee has to be sent to email@example.com Payment must be made by bank transfer to:
Caja de Arquitectos, Spain
IBAN ES52 3183 0700 40 0001063124
stating the author’s name and title of the entry.
- First prize €3,000
- Second prize €2,000
- Third prize €1,000
- 10 Honourable mentions
- 30 Finalists
- Possibility of internship at juries’ offices
We are managing several agreements for doing professional practices at Architecture studios. As part of its interest in promoting the winning projects, IS ARCH is in contact with various specialised journals and websites in order to secure their publication. All selected works will be published on ISARCH’s various platforms.
Jury 8th edition:
- TOMISLAV DUSHANOV, Associate HERZOG & DE MEURON
- ALEXANDROS KALLEGIAS, Senior Architect at Zaha Hadid Architects, Programme Director of AA Greece Visiting School, AA Athens Visiting School, and Co-Director of AA Summer DLAB.
- FALA Atelier, Filipe Magalhães, Ana Luisa Soares and Ahmed Belkhodja
- BEN VAN BERKEL,Founder/Principal Architect UNStudio
- Kenzo Tange Chair at Harvard University Graduate School of Design,
- JOSHUA PRINCE-RAMUS, Founder/Principal /President at REX
- FLORES & PRATS
From 2nd to 20th of november, 2017:
- Publication of all competition entries on the ISARCH website.
- Deliberation period for the professional panel of judges. (80% of the final score).
- Public voting period starts on the ISARCH website.(20 % of the final score).
Monday 5th december, 2017:
Announcement on the ISARCH website of:
- The winners of the First, Second and Third prizes.
- The 10 Honourable mentions.
- The 30 Finalists.
* For any questions that you have, you can direct to us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The dates shown here may change. In case of contradiction with other published calendars, the published ones in the web will be understood as valid.
The aim is to provide a platform for debate surrounding the architecture solutions students contribute within the framework of their university studies.
A further objective of the ISARCH Awards is to encourage young people to join the debate on architecture, contributing their unique vision and opinions.