When: 7 – 8 September 2017
Where: University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
II INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
‘AFRICAN URBAN PLANNING’
Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning – University of Lisbon & International Planning History Society
CALL FOR PAPERS
Aims and Themes
The 2nd International Conference on African Urban Planning, organized by the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning – Universty of Lisbon, in collaboration with the International planning history Society (IPHS), will be held in Lisbon.
It will be a forum for the discussion of the state-of-the-art of research on African Urban Planning, four years after the First Conference in 2013.
The Conference will bring together researchers and planners from academia, public and private sectors, and non-governamental organizations, in an effort to present and debate their research on African Urban Planning and to share knowledge, viewpoints, methods, research outcomes and policy ideas.
It is organized around four main themes:
- Theme 1 – The History of African Urban Planning
- Theme 2 – Learning from African Urban Planning
- Theme 3 – Localizing Goal 11-of the SDGs and The New Urban Agenda
- Theme 4 – Social and economic challenges and changes in African cities.
We invite researchers in the broad area of African urban studies – Planning, Geography, Architecture, History, Anthropology, Archeology, other Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities – planners, planning consultants, and postgraduate students to present and discuss new evidence and innovative perspectives on African Urban Planning.
- Submission deadline for abstracts: 31 January 2017
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 15 March 2017
- Registration and payment: 1 – 15 April 2017
Participation in the conference and selection criteria:
- PowerPoint Presentation (PowerPoint file): during the conference
- Participation in the conference requires the presentation of a paper
- The conference is organized in panels according to topics and issues
- All submissions will be double-blind peer-reviewed by the Scientific Comitee for content and appropriateness to this conference
- The working language of the conference will be English. We are open to consider panels in French, Portuguese and Spanish. Translation services will not be provided. For more details, contact us.
Submission deadline for abstracts (approx. 250 words)
Registration and Fee
Information in the conference website
A selection of these papers will be published in academic journals and in other publication formats.
Full papers will be submitted after the conference.
More information on this is available in the conference website.
The conference is an opportunity for researchers working in the field of African urban studies, namely members of the AUPRN, to meet and to discuss future joint research initiatives.
About the 1st International Conference
The 1st International Conference on African Urban Planning, ¨Colonial and Postcolonial Urban Planning in Africa¨, took place on September, 2013, in the same Institute:
Carlos Nunes Silva, Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, University of Lisbon & International Planning History Society (IPHS).
For further information:
To visit the Conference´s Website, plese click here.
Conference e-mail: email@example.com
AUPRN – African Urban Planning Research