When: 23 – 24 May 2017
Where: Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa
Now in its second year Digital Construction Expo will once again explore the impact of digital technology and innovation in the built environment, welcoming thousands of visitors and industry leaders and decision makers to this prestigious event co-located with the African Construction and Totally Concrete Expo 2017.
Whether you’re just a contractor or professional, maybe you just getting to the grips of understanding Building Information Modelling, the expo will be the definite place to be in exploring new and improved ways of working with software that you may be already using.
One of the leading issues in South Africa is the lack of industry and organisational transformation, which is required to achieve the best from technology and digitisation. The Digital Knowledge Lounge once again will be the centre of discussions around education and insights on the latest developments and technologies currently being used or implemented by public and private sectors. Our selected panel of C-level executives will engage with industry experts on various topics throughout the two days; to discuss the knowledge gap and solutions that exists between us and digital technology.
Those industries and businesses who are truly winning in the digital age are those who understand that digitisation transforms their business model completely and are proud to be driving their business.
DIGITAL CONSTRUCTION EXPO 2017
The digital construction exhibition will feature more than 35 of the most innovative software exhibitors in the built environment. Visitors will get the opportunity to see some of the most innovative new digital technology and solutions available in the market, including 3D reality and Printing, Estimating and accounting solutions, BIM Software and tools, cloud and mobile solutions, field solutions and much more.
In addition to the digital tech solutions on the show visitors will have access to over 20 hours of entirely free workshop content. Getting to grips with construction software and BIM tools. Check out our Digital Knowledge Lounge to find out what’s happening in the current market state with local government, contractors and asset managers using BIM currently.
3D Modelling is just part of the BIM process and will only drive transformation if it’s combined with wider and deeper support from the industry, including behavior, culture, transparency and processes..’
Vaughan Harris, Executive Director, BIM Institute
The Digital Construction Expo is free to attend if you register in advance. Register now and get free access to the entire construction exhibition with over 200 exhibitors and software training workshops that are being offered (Scroll down the page if you want to Register).
EXHIBITION KEY FIGURES
- Showcase your products to +6000 exhibitors
- Condense months of business development into 2 highly effective days
- Secure a key workshop for one hour
- Obtain exposure for your company by becoming part of the digital revolution
Who should sponsor/exhibit?
If you are committed to a digital construction growth strategy, your brand will find value by aligning with this prestigious event. A value-added opportunity to interact with the best professional minds in the construction software industry. Get an unrivalled perspective of public sector investment, development of BIM in South Africa.
Meet the vendors across the globe and seek solutions for your BIM projects. We believe that collaboration is the key driver behind projects in Africa. Partner with us to capitalise on a myriad of opportunities by affiliating your brand with this prestige event in May 2017.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Design a bespoke sponsorship package to suit all your marketing and business development needs
- Secure your spot at the Digital Construction Expo and expose your company to thousands of attendees
- Demonstrate your proven expertise in aiding digital design technology and reach maximum operational efficiencies through presenting at a one hour workshop.
- Showcase and launch your latest IT technology innovations: Secure a prominent position on the exhibition floor and ensure your company is presented to the most influential customers and press
- Raise brand awareness: Position your brand at the forefront of your customer’s minds through co- sponsoring the Digital Knowledge Lounge
- Generate qualified leads and return to the office with a handful of business cards: Over 6000 visitors expected across the 2 days
- Benefit from your own dedicated event marketing support team: discover a wealth of opportunities by networking in a new innovative digital knowledge lounge experience.
Digital Knowledge Lounge Speakers
The Digital Knowledge Lounge stage is centre in the heart of the digital expo and is open to the public and exhibitors who seek answers to the simple and complicated questions on how could we do better in the digital environment?
The lounge will feature a series of discussions with input from key stakeholders and industry leaders on various topics ranging from BIM standards for South Africa to best practice for construction processes.
Some of the critical topics to be discussed are:
- How contractors are embracing Building Information Modelling
- How are Institutions and academia embracing new construction technology
- How are Quantity Surveyors transforming into a digital era
- How BIM will impact the built environment within Public Works Department
- What is the first step for SA to embrace a BIM mandate?
- Redefining public tenders
- Digitising projects in a design bid and build project environment.
- Co-ordinating BIM on a project with the professional team
- Integrating a digital ethos in a professional design team
- Internet of Construction with field operations
- How to deliver as-built information model for handover
The Digital Construction Expo 2017 is an unprecedented opportunity to access the entire digital technology world and gain insight to various free workshops available throughout the two day event. Below are just some of the highlighted workshops scheduled.
- Electronic Take-off
- Document management in the cloud
- Design with Revit
- Design with Archicad
- Working with Object Parameters in design
- Planning and Scheduling
- Working with BIM 360
- 3D scanning for BIM
- Construction Accounting Solutions
- Virtual Reality with Oculus
- African Construction and Totally Concrete Expo 2017
- Women in Construction Awards 2017
- Captains of Construction and Infrastructure 2017
- SMART BUILDINGS & INFRASTRUCTURE – Africa Summit 2017
Hypenica is an international media group that serves its markets by connecting buyers and sellers, sharing information and experiences, identifying new opportunities and enabling more effective business. We do this through our innovative print, digital and event products which provide important marketing platforms for any company wanting to build their profile and reach their target market – whether nationally, regionally or globally.
Hypenica’s expertise and track record extends to the following niche B2B sectors:
Built environment (Incorporating concrete, cement, construction and infrastructure)│Agriculture│Transport (infrastructure)│Industrial and manufacturing.
co-Organized and Hosted by
The overriding objective of the BIM Institute is to promote the development and improvement of information technology processes in the construction industry.
The BIM Institute and its solution providers recognize that a successful construction industry is essential to us all and now is the time for us to rethink our quality control systems for us all to benefit. We wish to see the dramatic improvements by helping deliver the standards and requirements of the Building Information Modelling strategy for Africa while also promoting other information technology processes and standards in our industry that can help strengthen South Africa’s construction industry for the future of any construction project implementation and beyond.
The BIM Institute are in alliance with organisations within the construction and facilities management sectors dedicated to improving processes within the industry through defining the use and sharing of information.
The current work being carried out by the BIM Institute includes:
- Education and BIM Accredited professional status
- Interfacing with local and international partners to tackle the BIM strategy for Africa.
- Hosting events and providing media publications to promote BIM in Africa
Partners and affiliated members within the BIM Institute include architects, engineers and contractors, building owners, facility managers, manufacturers, software vendors, information providers, universities and more.
We encourage all industry members from every part of our industry to join the BIM Institute as an individual or company. When we collectively use information technology or BIM, everyone stands to gain.
For further information
For further information about the Event, please visit their website.
Register now here, and get free access to the entire construction exhibition.