When: 19 – 21 June 2018
Where: Oshwall Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Welcome to the 5th CIBEX East Africa – international trade fair for Construction, Infrastructure, Building and Energy.
Building East Africa´s Future
East Africa – A region for successful business
The East African market is generally the most growing market within the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Especially the investment for Construction, Energy and Infrastructure is huge due to the existing funds and the growing middle income population. The expected growth in infrastructure spend in Sub-Saharan Africa is significant at around 10% per annum to 2025. With an abundance of natural resources and recent mineral, oil and gas discoveries, demographic, social and political shifts and a more investor friendly environment, the investor spotlight shines brightly on East Africa.
Infrastructure and Construction Projects in Kenya
Effective infrastructure plays a vital role in the development of any nation, and regular efforts are made to constantly improve the same. Infrastructure projects in Kenya are also part of this phenomena.There were 11 ongoing projects valued at $7.01 billion in the country last year, the consultancy firm said in the 2016 Africa Construction Trends Report.
The top ongoing infrastructure projects in Kenya include:
- A 300km Road Project
- The Standard Gauge Railway (from Nairobi to Mombasa)
- Mombasa Port Road Development
- Outer-Ring Road Project
- Standard Gauge Railway Extension
The top projects comprised both public and private investments such as the standard gauge railway, the Lamu Port berths and the Lake Turkana Wind Power Project.
Natural Resources & Energy
East Africa’s energy market is attracting a great deal of interest among investors as a result of its steady economic growth and its potential to become one of the largest producers and exporters of oil and natural gas globally.
This is according to research firm Frost & Sullivan which points out in its report, ‘East Africa Energy’, that countries including Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia and Rwanda are beginning to turn their backs on biomass for their energy consumption to more modern energy sources so as to meet the growing demands of the expanding urban population and the rising per capita income levels. East Africa would have more than 50,000MW of generation potential by 2030, with hydropower, coal, wind, geothermal power and natural gas-based generation systems dominating the mix.
About the Show
The 5th edition of CIBEX East Africa is a high end international event for the whole construction, infrastructure, building and energy industry focused regionally on East and Central Africa. Its efforts are directed towards new technology and international know-how at the highest level to be show cased to governments, construction associations, private companies as well as key industry players.
A high level conference, taking place alongside the exhibition addresses current issues and upcoming projects and opportunities in East Africa. CIBEX is well-known for a wellorganized matchmaking which allows visitors and exhibitors to meet and have business discussion during the event.
CIBEX is proud partner of government institutions and construction associations e.g. the East African Community, the Government of Kenya, the National Construction Authority (NCA), Kenya Federation of Master Builders (KFMB) as well as the German Engineering Association VDMA. This support and partnership underlines the importance of CIBEX as the networking platform for the construction and infrastructure industry within East Africa.
- Access the fastest growing country in East Africa. Kenya is home to four of East Africa’s top 10 construction projects by value
- Supply products to over 30 mega projects, valued at $7 billion
- Find sales partners from Kenya and surrounding East African countries
- Meet with architects, interior designers, purchase & procurement managers, structural engineers, civil engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, contractors and project managers responsible for procurement
- Gain advantage of relative early entry into a growing market
- Meet decision makers in the East African construction and
- Meet with East African government bodies.
CIBEX 2018 Show Profile
- InfrastruCture: Airports / Bridges / Industrial Zones / Landscaping / Ports / Public Transport / Railway & Trains / Roads & Road Signs
- Heavy MaCHInery: Construction Vehicles & Equipment / Cranes, Tower Cranes / Earthmoving Equipments / Machines & Plants / Mining Machines / Tankers / Trailers & Tractors
- BuIldIng & ConstruCtIon Building Materials / Construction Tools / Electrical Equipment / Metal, Steel, Aluminum / Pumps / Ceramic / Glass / Wood Products
- envIronMent: Pollution Control Management / Recycling Technologies / Renewable Energy / Waste, Hazardous Material Management / Water, Waste Water Treatment
- energy: Solar / Photovoltaic / Turbine manufacturers, distributors, components / Realization (onshore & offshore) / Materials / System management
- servICe Finance / Insurance / Consulting
Trade and Fairs East Africa Ltd and Trade and Fairs Consulting GmbH represent more than 200 world leading international exhibitions each year in the East- Central and Southern African market. In addition, Trade and Fairs East Africa Ltd. with its regional office in Nairobi is the largest German trade show organizer for high quality events within the East and Central African region. All events consist of a high level conferences and matchmaking program.
This success has come through a long time experience in the leading exhibition and conference business and great relationship to great partners in all over the world, important government bodies and international associations.
For further information
For further information about the event, please click here.
To contact Trade and Fairs East Africa: Kenya phone +254 711552-432 / email@example.com / www.tradeandfairs-eastafrica.com